Thursday, December 13, 2012

So, so tired...

Wowsers, am I tired! This first-trimester tiredness is not kidding around. I was tired the first time, but my routine was something like this:
4 or 5 a.m. - Wake up and not be able to go back to sleep. Get up and edit.
7 a.m. - Go back to bed until 9.
10 a.m. - Go to work at office job.
2 p.m. - Come home. Collapse into napping or just lounge around.
4 p.m. - Try to rally and eat something.
5 p.m. - Edit.
8 p.m. - Relax with Jeff, read, etc.
9 p.m. - Go to bed.

This time, it's something like this:
4 or 5 a.m. - Wake up and not be able to go back to sleep. Think about how I wish I were sleeping.
6 a.m. - Fall asleep and just lay in bed listening to Matt shouting about different things while he's hanging out with Jeff.
7 a.m. - Get woken up by Jeff. Struggle to get to kitchen table for breakfast.
7:30 a.m. - Say bye to Jeff with tears in my eyes.
7:30-8:30 a.m. - Play with extremely energetic toddler.
9 a.m. - Go to gym for hour-long water aerobics. Pretend to flail around in the water for the second half but really conserve as much energy as possible.
10 a.m. - Hang out with extremely energetic toddler.
11:30 a.m. - Put Matthew down for nap. Wander aimlessly in house after eating lunch. Try to nap. Sleep 10-15 minutes before waking up and not being able to fall back asleep. Edit.
1:30 p.m. - Entertain extremely energetic toddler.
2 p.m. - Cry a little on the inside at how tired I am.
3 p.m. - Play outside.
4 p.m. - Lay on living room floor and try to keep Matt entertained without having to move very much.
5 p.m. - Cry tears of joy when Jeff gets home! Make supper.
6 p.m. - Wash dishes.
7 p.m. - Put Matt to bed. Use what little energy is left to mope around and try to do little household tasks. Ask Jeff if it's too early to go to bed.
8 p.m. - Relax with Jeff, read, etc.
9 p.m. - Collapse into puddle of tiredness or edit or go to bed.

I kind of feel like I'm not going to make it.

3 comments:

  1. When's your due date? Mine is July 6th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you too! Boy do you have a handful with your little one as well. They get easier! At least that's what I keep telling myself... :)

    ReplyDelete