Wednesday, June 11, 2014

When is morning?

This morning, at about 7:40, I went to check on Matt because he's usually up much, much earlier. When I opened his door, he was sitting up in his bed holding onto his blanket. I asked him if he had been awake for a while or if I woke him up. He said he'd been awake for a while, "just sitting there." I asked why he hadn't said "All done sleepin'! All done sleepin'!" like he usually does (and then we tell him "Come on out!"). He seemed confused. Then I asked him, "Did you think it was still nighttime because it was so dark from the thunderstorm?" He said, "Yeah. And owl kept hooin', so Matt thought it was night. Then owl stopped hooin', so Matt thought it was morning. Then owl started hooin' again, and Matt thought it was nighttime. Then Mom came in. Now it's morning!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment