Thursday, February 5, 2015

Tired

When Matt was a baby, Jeff and I joked all the time about how people warned we would be tired for the rest of our lives, because we just weren't that tired. Well, joke's on me now. I feel so tired I can't even imagine what it would be like to not be tired.

I'm sure it's just the whole third-trimester-of-growing-new-person thing combined with carrying a 25-pound toddler around much of the day, up and down stairs, while cooking, while leaning, etc, combined with the nonstop chatter of a very, very chatty and energetic preschooler. Also, sleeping is tough and not very restful.

Sometimes I'm desperate for a break from the physical labor of raising small children, but I don't want to miss anything! Maybe this will be my favorite phase of children in spite of it feeling sometimes like a heavy burden (literally). We'll see.

I'm also very jealous when I see people running in the cold weather early in the morning. I used to do that. I used to love that. It was a good challenge and invigorating. But I can't imagine how long it will be until that opportunity is there for me again, if I even still like running. Who knows? The years are already flying by. Matt will be FOUR this summer. FOUR. I've got a minimum of another year of taking care of a baby, and it feels like taking care of a baby is a life totally separate from any other type of life. I don't want a break from it. Just some short timeouts every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment