Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Talk, talk, talk

Matt and Sam are both talk, talk, talking nowadays. Thankfully, they sometimes talk to each other instead of me. Matt's been hilarious lately. Sam will repeat anything we ask him to say. He also tells some pretty funny jokes, of the toddler variety.

Scene: Jeff and I were hugging on a Saturday morning.
Matt: "Why are you guys hugging?"
Me: "Why not? We like to hug."
Matt, suspiciously: "Are you going to work, Dad? Are you?"


Scene: Me, crying hysterically for sleep-deprivation + kids bickering reasons
Matt: "What is your face doing right now? Why is your face doing that?"


Scene: Matt and I were casually chatting about family members.
Me: "You could be a grandpa someday, too, you know."
Matt: "No, I couldn't."
Me: "Yeah, if you have kids someday and they have kids, then you'll be a grandpa."
Matt: "No, I won't."
Me: "Well, you never know."
Matt: "I'm not going to be a dad; I'm going to be a construction worker."

No comments:

Post a Comment