Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A discerning palate

Matthew has, apparently, decided to expand his range of foods today. He has quite the discerning palate. This morning he ate most of a sticker of a train. Then he kept saying "boo boo" (his version of "choo choo").

Later, I handed him part of a leaf and said, "Trash," which usually would make him get really excited and throw the object into the trash can. Today––in the mouth. He chewed it up pretty good before I fished out the pieces. It didn't appear to be delicious, just nice and crunchy.

At lunch, I was eating uncooked spinach while Matt was eating chicken, one of his favorites. He started lunging at my plate from his high chair, so I gave him a piece of spinach. It was gone in a fraction of a second, and he was still lunging and fussing and grabbing! He chowed down like half my salad, just plain spinach, before returning to delicious chicken.

What will be next?


No comments:

Post a Comment