Monday, October 22, 2012

A new week

This week is a new week. Last week was one of the most challenging ever for me in regards to the daytime. It was pretty much the only time I've looked back on Matthew's newborn days and reminisced how easy that was in comparison (but so much less interesting). And I spent a lot of time thinking about how glad I am that at that time I realized how easy it was. But anyway. Last week, apart from sickness, was made up of a lot of random crying from Matt, lots of having my hair pulled, lots of being climbed on, lots of having to pick up and put down a toddler over and over because of his indecisiveness, and lots of complete exhaustion at the end of the day where I wanted hours (but settled for minutes) of not being touched or loudly jibber-jabbered at. Ugh.

The hardest thing for me about hanging out with this particular toddler all day is how very talkative and loud he is. It's pretty much nonstop. And not ignorable. I've never been a fan of lots of noise, and add that on top of the needs a kid has for near-constant physical contact and assistance, and it's overwhelming. Especially when I'm not feeling well. Especially when this toddler has been grabbing my neck really hard and those sore-throat lumps are taking the brunt of it.

But today has been pretty good. Matthew seems in better spirits. He's been less clingy, has had zero bouts of unexplainable/frustration crying, and is already taking a long nap. I'm still feeling kind of sick, but there's nothing to be done about that.

In other news, I've finally reached a weight loss goal I've been eyeing for a while. Whether it's a result of diet and exercise or sickness lack of appetite, I'm not sure, but either way... I'm also in a challenge at the gym to lose 8 pounds in 8 weeks. Weigh-in is after Thanksgiving. Everyone paid $10, and everyone who loses at least 8 pounds splits the money. So that's motivating. I think I only have like 2 pounds left to lose.

Insert spectacular conclusion here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment