Thursday, April 11, 2013

Toddler trickery

Last week, Matthew tricked me with the same shenanigans he'd tricked me with a month or two ago. He had his hand in a fist for a long time, like maybe ten minutes, so finally I asked him what was in it and held out my hand so he could drop whatever sweaty item was clenched in there. He dutifully opened his hand, said, "Drool," and let all the drool run out into my hand. Then he giggled uncontrollably.

Today was a new one. We were in the car, and Matt had his water bottle, as is not uncommon since he is usually thirsty when we're driving home from the gym. I glanced back and saw that he was pouring the water out on his leg, so I made him hand me the bottle. When I was getting him out of his car seat, he started shouting, "Pee! Pee!" and pointing at his wet shorts. I said, "Matt, you didn't pee. I saw you pour the water on your leg." He insisted, "Pee! Pee!" This trick would have been a good one... but he really needs to perfect pouring the water on the right part of his shorts.

And, oh, what next? This kid's not even two.

No comments:

Post a Comment