Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Louisiana Saturday Night

Yesterday, Matthew and I were sitting in the living room working on puzzles when he suddenly started staring intently toward the window. It was like he was completely dazed. I even waved my hand in front of his eyes and got right in his face, asking him what he was looking at. Then he jumped up, ran into the kitchen, and grabbed his shoes. I said, "Do you want your shoes on?" He just kind of stared at me. Then he threw his shoes on the floor, with force, and started hopping wildly. I was so confused that I didn't even say anything about the shoe-throwing; he didn't seem upset, and his behavior was bizarre.

Then I realized. We had Alabama songs playing in the background, and "Louisiana Saturday Night" was on. Sure enough, when the chorus came around, it all made sense:
"Well, you get down the fiddle and you get down the bow
Kick off your shoes and you throw 'em on the floor
Dance in the kitchen till the mornin' light,
Louisiana Saturday night!"

No comments:

Post a Comment