Wednesday, May 29, 2013

More toddler silliness

1. I've been telling Matthew that he can go outside without his shoes on in the morning before the driveway gets too hot, like to put mail in the mailbox or help with recycling, or if he's just going in the garage. The conversation goes like this:
Me: "It's okay. You can go out without your shoes."
Matt: "Shoes on?"
Me: "Nope, you don't need your shoes on."
Matt: "Feet on?"
Me: "Yep, you need your feet on."

Sometimes he switches it up, I guess to see if I'm going to change my story, especially when we're coming inside from somewhere and he has his shoes on:
Me: "You can take your shoes off now."
Matt: "Shoes off?"
Me: "Yep, you can take your shoes off."
Matt: "Feet off?"
Me: "Nope, that's so silly. You have to keep your feet on."


2. Matthew has a blanket with blue dots on it, and one day I was sitting on it. He pointed at each blue dot, saying, "Blue dot. Blue dot. Blue dot," etc. Then he pretended to see blue dots on my arm and back and said, "Blue dot. Blue dot..." When he got to my face, he said, "...red dot?" and looked really confused. Sure enough, pregnancy acne. Ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment