Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter weekend

Last weekend was great, and it felt like it lasted a week. Friday I got to go to the Good Friday church service, thanks to Matt's bedtime of 6:30 p.m. and church start time of 7. This was a good follow-up to Maundy Thursday church, which I also got to attend.

On Saturday, we went to an egg hunt for babies and toddlers at someone's house. Matthew "found" two eggs with Jeff's help, and I drank delicious iced coffee. That's saying something, since I usually dislike cold coffee, even if it's intentional. We admired all the other babies and tried to keep them from pulling each others' hair and whatnot while chatting with some other parents. Then Matt napped, Jeff studied, and I had some lawnmowing fun. Mowing the lawn is pretty much the best chore ever, other than raking leaves, but we don't have many leaves, so...

Then Sunday was Easter! Best holiday ever! Jesus has saved us! What could be better? (Nothing! That's the answer. Nothing can be better.)

The church service was great, as always. Matthew was less screechy than usual, which was nice for us. After church, he roamed free, crawling around. Unfortunately, his pants and diaper also fell down, so a bunch of people saw baby butt in church. Oops. That's what happens, I suppose, when we put him in a disposable diaper instead of the bulkier cloth but still dress him in his usual size pants.

After church, I wanted to go for a bike ride while Jeff was studying and Matt napping. But, of course, argh! My nemesis - bike maintenance - struck again! For some reason, my bike's back tire was flat, though I'd just fixed it not too long ago and hadn't even ridden it since then. AND, the bike trailer had a flat tire, too. Changing bike tubes is my least favorite thing ever. It's really the worst. I know what to do, and I know how to do it, I'm just really, really terrible at the execution of it. It takes me forever and hurts my fingers and generally is frustrating. Also, I snapped one of those little plastic prying tool thingies. So with tears in my eyes, I told Jeff I was giving up on biking and never going again and feeling pretty sure that it would be worth it to give up biking to never have to do any type of bike repair again. But...

Jeff to the rescue! He doesn't really like biking, and he hasn't really done any bike things, but he still saved the day. He's the new bike maintenance guy in our household. He fixed my tire by the time I got home with a new tube for the bike trailer, then fixed that. All while Matthew was still asleep. Success! So the three of us got to go for a spin around the neighborhood before finishing off the day with a delicious Easter feaster of ham and potatoes and green bean casserole, etc, that I whipped up pretty much at the last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment