Thursday, May 24, 2012

Fat update

Back when I joined the gym, I had a fitness assessment done. Part of it was getting weighed and hooked up to the fat-measuring machine. (I can't remember the name of it. And when you ask the front-desk people if you can use the fat measurer again, it really makes them snicker. But nonetheless, that's what it does.)

Original assessment was February 1. Reassessment was May 22. In between, I did pretty much nothing for almost two months because of the surgery and recovery. So it's looking pretty good.

BMI went from 27.3 to 26.3 (Still mildly obese. Eek.)
% fat went from 33.9 to 31.3
Lost 6.4 pounds "fat weight"
Gained 1.5 pounds "lean weight"

Not bad for the small amount of aerobic exercise I've been doing. I've only really been lifting for two months and playing roller derby for a month and a half or less. All this to say...

I'm about to start the Ross Demasi fitness extravaganza! Free weights! (Gah, gotta hang out by the mirrors with all the meatheads now.) I told Ross my goal is to get more-buff arms and lose 5 pounds. He made me a 12-week plan, and I'm starting it next week (because I don't want to be immobile with soreness for our FIRST HOME BOUT on Saturday).

So, soon I shall no longer be overweight. And I will be more buff than you, if I'm not already.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. You are probably experiancing some "muscle memory" effect where your body is trying to return to where it once was, the buff before the baby. Free weights are great because you don't have the machine taking away degrees of freedom, with free weights you don't only move the weight you have to balance it. Make sure you got squats and deadlifts in there somewhere, and drink plenty of milk :)

    ReplyDelete