Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"Everybody"

Who is "everybody," you ask?

Well, according to Matt, it's him, me, Jeff, and Sam. Every weekday, I say something like, "Okay, everybody needs to get ready and then we'll go." And Matt invariably says, "Not Dad! Dad's at work!" Or I'll say, "Everybody needs to eat lunch and take naps." And Matt will say, "Not Dad! Dad's at work. Not Mom! Mom work on 'puter when Matt's sleeping." Or maybe, like yesterday afternoon, when I said, "Everybody is a little fussy right now," and Matt said: "Not Matt! Matt's a lot fussy!"

And every time, I'm like, "Gah, I know. Not literally everybody."

I kind of feel like this sort of thing is my payback for being the same type of annoying little kid who always had to find verbal loopholes. But for now, it's pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment