Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Baby sleep chronicles, day 3

The epic nap on Monday lasted 2 hours and 45 minutes! 

Monday night it took about 15 minutes for Matthew to fall asleep. He slept very peacefully except for the usual 3 a.m. wakeup, during which there was much crying (both of us. Probably Jeff secretly, too, for being tired of me waking him up to pray for us all every time Matt makes a peep in the night). But seriously, the crying. It breaks my heart. All I can do is think about how Matt's not hungry and he hasn't needed a single thing at 3 a.m. in weeks, probably months, and we have have have to help him get better sleep habits. So we made it through, and he woke up happy instead of crying.

Yesterday, only 2 naps! Woohoo! I'd love to stay on a 2-nap schedule. This 3- to 5-nap schedule is annoying, and Matthew seems to usually wake up crying because he's still tired. And each was about an hour and a half long. After the second one, Matt stayed awake a record 5 hours! He seemed sleepy for the last hour but wasn't too fussy. He demanded extra cuddles, which was nice. He's not really a cuddle baby. He's more of a "Let me down! I have places to go! I have to grab those things! And those things! And those other things!" kind of baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment