Thursday, February 9, 2012

Laughing time

Every day, Matthew and I have laughing time. I never know when it's going to be or what will set it off. But mainly it consists of a lot of hysterical laughing. Matt will start giggling then laughing then rolling around laughing then catching his breath and laughing some more. And baby laughs are the funniest thing ever! So then I start laughing uncontrollably, and we just laugh and laugh and laugh.

We had another mom and her baby over the other day, and they got to experience the mystery of laughing time. Matthew kept pulling himself up to standing with the ottoman, looking at me, and cracking up. The girl was like, "Does your baby always laugh like that?" Her baby was looking at Matt curiously; we asked her to translate, but since she's also about 8 months, it didn't really work out. I was like, "Yeah. We laugh a lot. Don't ask me why." The stand-up-laugh-sit-down-stand-up-laugh routine went on for at least a full 10 minutes. The rest of us just laughed along.

A couple days ago, laughing time happened when Jeff and I were setting Matt on the couch and saying, "You're the king of the couch! You're the king of the couch!" Either it's laughable that he's the king of anything, he loves the couch, or he thought it was funny that he was sitting at face-level of a grown-up sitting on the floor. Who knows? But it was hi-lar-i-ous! Apparently.

Sometimes Matt just looks at my face and laughs uncontrollably. That type of laughing time is slightly less funny for me (who wants a funny face, anyway?), but I'll take it. Ah, laughing time. These are the moments I'll miss when he inevitably outgrows it.

No comments:

Post a Comment