Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Blessings of convalescence

I'm trying to look at the bright side of recovering.

Last Wednesday, Jeff's mom was here, so she stayed at the house with Matt, and Jeff and I got to go to Ash Wednesday church. I love Lent church services.

Then I didn't change a single diaper for at least three days!

On Sunday, since I can't pick Matt up and I was safe from his grabby hands, I wore jewelry to church!  Engagement ring with diamonds prone to scratching pudgy baby limbs, earrings, and necklace.

I've been getting tons of sleep, from maybe 7:30 or 8 p.m. until 5:30 or 6 a.m.

While she was still here, Jeff's mom and I had tons of time to chat about things and talk about how great Matthew and Jeff are.

All my friends are visiting! Well, mainly so they can do the literal heavy lifting, but nonetheless it's been nice to hang out with Krista and Stephenie and kids the past couple days.

Jeff did a ton of things around the house last night, and I just lounged around and read and drank tea!

MOMS Club people have been bringing us delicious suppers that will last at least until next week.

So it's not all bad. But, yeah, it will be nice when I don't feel vaguely ill and exhausted and can give Matthew a decent cuddle again.

No comments:

Post a Comment