Thursday, February 16, 2012

Half done with the worst part

Half done with the worst part of surgery! I made it through the blood drawing yesterday! No passing out, only a little crying, no need for help walking to the car. The other half of the worst part will be getting the IV. I mean, sure, recovery is going to suck, but at least it won't involve needles.

In other news, Matthew's sleeping is continuing to go well. He got a solid 10 hours last night and 3 good naps today. He didn't cry for even a minute when I put him in the crib for the night, though he's still awake right now. He talked to himself happily about 10 minutes and now he's been fussing lightly for about 2 minutes. I'm sure he'll be sleeping by the time I finish this.

More things about the surgery: How lame is it that I can barely make it through having blood drawn? Don't answer that. I already know the answer: Very. But seriously. It makes me mad. I think it's getting worse as I get older, too. I mean, it's not the pain. I've had a million injuries from bike wrecks and jumping off stuff and doing stupid stunts, I've run three marathons, I've played multiple seasons of rugby and roller derby, I intentionally ran into my friends while sledding during college for fun, I gave birth completely unmedicated... but I can't have blood drawn without my leg or arm twitching uncontrollably and my eyes tearing up even if I'm fighting it? How does that make sense?

Also, I still just think it's unfair that I have a hernia considering I have always been known for having abs of steel. Argh.

And, to make things worse, I won't be able aquacise until April! Can't submerge the wound until then.

But on another happy note! (I like to intersperse the unhappy with the happy.) It's almost the weekend! Tomorrow Matt and I are going to Breakfast Bunch with one of the moms' groups, which is fun, then we'll get to hang out with Jeff all weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment