Friday, January 20, 2012

Need sense of normality

Something has to change around here. I've determined that Matt is waking up in the night for my company. He'll be somewhat mollified by Jeff's company if necessary. But we've got to change things somehow. It's ridiculous to wake up every 45 minutes to 3 hours all night long when he's not hungry or wet or teething or sick. I'm not sure what the plan is right now, but we'll have to have one soon. And stick to it even if I think it's too difficult.

In other news, weight lifting really makes me feel like myself. I've always enjoyed it a lot and even more so now. Matthew seems to love the ladies in the playcare, too. He was charming both of them yesterday; lucky for him, he was the only kid in there when we went. I probably need to stretch. Hopefully we'll get this sleep thing settled so I can go to the classes at the gym, which are all in the morning. I find it difficult to ease into the weight lifting; I just want to go all out right away. Should take it easy today probably. And I've been running with Tonya. It makes me so happy! It's funny how I used to love running alone, but now I would so much rather run with someone. I'm not sure what changed about that.

Some of my friends emailed me yesterday and today. It's exactly what I needed. Hopefully I'll manage to email back, but we'll see. I'll see two of them tomorrow at Jennifer's baby shower in B'ham. And my mom, so that will be nice.

Editing. Ugh. Need to get going on that, as usual.

And this weather is really bringing me down. There are few things I loathe more than winters in Alabama. So much dreary rainy darkness. I miss winter in Vermont, when I went skiing nearly every weekend. I miss winter in Minnesota, when I taught skiing nearly every weekend. I miss shoveling our driveway and Maria's driveway and random people's driveways for money. I miss demolition-derby sledding. I don't so much miss alternate-side parking, though. That pretty much sucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment