Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pilates and priorities

I've been going to classes at the gym almost every day and choosing them solely on when Matthew is awake and not too fussy. So yesterday was Pilates. I always thought Pilates was some type of aerobics, but not so much. It involves a lot of lying on the floor in a dark room with your eyes closed and concentrating on breathing. Very relaxing. Kind of workout-y, too, I guess. I felt like I was preparing for childbirth all over again, but other than that it was nice. "Nice" isn't usually how I describe a good workout, but I can't really think of another word.

A point in favor of Pilates is that, with everyone having their eyes closed, my lack of coordination is not so evident. (This is also a major advantage of water aerobics. Can't see the flailing under the water!)

In other news, our house needs to be cleaned so badly. I should be cleaning instead of blogging. But then Matt will wake up, and I'll want to play instead of clean, and then he'll nap again, and I'll want to edit instead of clean, and then Jeff will come home, and we'll want to hang out instead of clean...

Anyone want to come over and clean for me? Really we just need a good sweep and vacuum and bathroom-counter dusting. Every night we pick up all the toys and obstacle course obstacles (pillows, blankets, etc), but that's about it. My cleaning routine for the past month or so has been to pick up large dust bunnies when I see them. Laundry and dishes are easy, so that's taken care of. Suppose I could clean the bathroom counter while Matthew plays with the drawer in there. He learned how to open it, and opening and closing it can keep him occupied for many minutes. Plus those really fun shadows are in there...

No comments:

Post a Comment